The month of July 2013 was filled with lots and lots of activity. I will most likely go into more details in future posts about each of the following events but for now, as I decompress into the month of August I will simply put it into a list.
- Riot!! We experienced a full-blown riot that occurred within view of our school. We could hear the gunshots and all.
- 2 month Anniversary for our English school!
- A team member who has been with us since the beginning went home to America to continue her education.
- We got to enjoy the touristy opportunities of Nairobi City. This was long overdue since we have lived here for nearly 7 months – Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Manor.
- My brother got married, one of the many family events I have missed since moving here.
- A close friend here in Nairobi, was diagnosed with TYPHOID FEVER!!
- We got a new team member, always a good thing.
- Fender benders x4! Having a vehicle is nice, but driving here is stressful.
- We made new friends and enjoyed delicious Ethiopian food.
- Celebrated the 4th of July for the first time outside of the U.S.A.
Phew, I have a lot to write about!
But for now please enjoy some pictures below from this month’s city and animal adventures.